TU-Automotive have confirmed that Greg Ross, Director of Business Alliances will represent General Motors at The Insurance Telematics USA 2015 Conference & Exhibition this coming September (2-3) in Chicago.
The insurance telematics or usage-based insurance (UBI) industry has long called for the engagement and involvement of automakers. This would allow insurers to access the on-board vehicle data and better understand customer behavior behind the wheel.
Up until recently, automakers have been reticent when it comes to sharing vehicle data. However times are changing and automakers realize that with the Internet of Things, new modes of mobility and the autonomous car, insurance will play a key part in ushering in a new era of motor transport. General Motors are now pushing to get ahead of the competition.
Ross has said, “Essentially, everywhere we have OnStar we have a data connection to the vehicle. We can use that connection to help our customers easily create high quality vehicle usage data. We want to work cooperatively with insurance companies to enable our customers to share that data for usage-based insurance. We think that benefits our customers and we also think it will benefit the insurance partners that we work with.”
At The Insurance Telematics USA 2015 Conference & Exhibition Greg Ross will join a panel of executives from a major telematics service provider and a leading wireless carrier to discuss the rapidly changing landscape of motor insurance.
They will be joined by other thought leaders from the companies capable of steering the industry such as The Hartford, Progressive, Farmers Insurance, American Family Insurance, MAPFRE, Volkswagen, Ford, Acord, USDOT, PCI, and many more.
At the Insurance Telematics 2015 Conference & Exhibition (Chicago, IL, September 2-3) 800+ senior delegates will join in the world’s largest gathering focused to the development of UBI.
Key speakers confirmed to speak include:
- NEW: Greg Ross, Global Director – Infotainment Strategy & Alliances, General Motors
- NEW: Mariel Devesa, Head of Innovation, Farmers Insurance
- NEW: Allen Greenberg, Senior Policy Analyst, USDOT/FHWA
- NEW: Caryn Mumbulo, Product Management, NYCM
- NEW: Kim Garland, former President of Safeco’s Open Seas and Chief Product Officer at AIG
- NEW: Dan Hill, National Sales Director, CARFAX
- Derek Brigham, Business Development Manager, American Family Mutual Insurance Company
- Gail Gottehrer, Partner, Axinn, Veltrop & Harkrider LLP
- Tracy Parks, Connectivity Alliance Manager, Ford Motor Company
- Nikola Ristivojevich, IT & Strategic Analyst, Ford Motor Company
- Carl H. Smith Jr., Director – Product Management, MAPFRE
- Robert Passmore, Assistant Vice President, Personal Lines Policy, PCI
- David Pratt, General Manager – Usage Based Insurance, Progressive
- Brian Pignone, MD Product Manager, The Hartford
- Andrew Little, Lead QA Engineer, The Weather Company
- Robert Gruszczynski, OBD Communication Expert, Volkswagen Group of America
Source: TU – Automotive