Sierra Wireless the leading provider of fully integrated device-to-cloud solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT), along with technology providers including ARM, Bosch Sensortec, MediaTek, Orange, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and Talon Communications, today announced mass-market availability of the mangOH™ Red open source hardware platform.
Targeted at the industrial IoT and maker communities, mangOH Red is the most feature-rich, lowest power open source enablement platform on the market. Smaller than a credit card, it includes all of the building blocks needed to prototype and test ideas in days instead of months, with minimal investment. mangOH Red designs can then be modified and repurposed for mass production using its industrial-grade components and applications developed in the Legato™ open source Linux platform.
“For IoT commercialization to truly take hold, bringing products to market needs to be much faster and easier,” said Philippe Guillemette, Chief Technology Officer, Sierra Wireless. “mangOH Red is based on feedback from the ecosystem and developer community, resulting in the most compact, feature-rich open source platform that can quickly turn concepts into prototypes and prototypes into products without the need for significant redesign.”
Sierra Wireless founded the mangOH open source hardware program in 2015 to make it easy for developers to prototype with any wired, wireless, or sensor technology based on their unique IoT use case. Following the successful first mangOH Green edition, mangOH Red focuses on low power and miniaturization, providing a one-stop technology platform that includes:
- Credit card size form-factor ideal for rapidly building proof-of-concepts;
- A snap-in socket to add any CF3™-compatible modules, including wireless modules (2G to 4G & LTE-M/NB-IoT) to achieve up to 10 years of battery life;
- Built-in Wi-Fi b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.2 BLE with an ARM Cortex®-M4 core to provide real-time access to I/O;
- Built-in Bosch Sensortec Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Temperature and Pressure sensors, as well as Light sensors and a 26-pin Raspberry Pi compatible connector;
- An IoT Expansion Card slot to plug in any technology based on the IoT Connector open standard;
- Sierra Wireless Smart SIM with up to 100 MB free data, depending on region, and can also be used with any commercially available SIM;
- Easy connection to the AirVantage® IoT Platform to create, deploy and manage solutions in the cloud, and can also connect to other cloud platforms; and
- Ready-to-use product from selected distributors and complete source design under Common Creative License.
Please click the links below to see how managOH can bring your ideas to life:
For more information on mangOH please contact Co-Star on: +44 (0) 1423 344066 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Sierra Wireless